Friday, November 28, 2008

To Be Free

OK, first things first. Peripatetic. WTF? From dictionary.com:

Peripatetic: adj.
  1. walking or traveling about; itinerant.
  2. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to Aristotle, who taught philosophy while walking in the Lyceum of ancient Athens.
Anybody who has known me for more than about 10 minutes has heard me talk about travel. How I want to travel, live overseas, blah, blah, blah. I'm finally making it happen, and this blog will be all about my new life as a digital nomad. Hence Peripatetic. OK, it's a bit pretentious, but it fits. In this blog, I'll be talking and walking, figuratively speaking -- sharing what I learn about living Out There, free from geographical constraints.

My journey begins right here -- in Seattle -- while I grope around for my roots and begin pulling them up. I'll document that process in these posts. Once I go, I'll use this space to record my experiences from the road and help other aspiring digital nomads cut the cord and Be Free.

1 comment:

BUILD LLC said...

Eric - I love the blog. Looking forward to keeping up with the adventures and challenges of a peripatetic-ster.