Sunday, February 7, 2010

Healesville Sanctuary

I had been in Australia for over a month, and I hadn't seen a single kangaroo or koala. This past weekend I rectified that situation. With a few friends and a rental car, I headed to the Healesville Sanctuary to get my fill of Australia's wildlife.

 
OMG, koalas! Zzzz...

 
It was a hot day. All the 'roos were out of hop. I tried hopping around myself to give them the idea. They looked at me like I was nuts.

 
Eric N, crocodile hunter!

 
We watched a pretty amazing Birds of Prey exhibit. This guy is a brown wedge-tailed eagle named Ace. We also saw a osprey, a brown falcon and owl that buzzed the crowd and nearly took off with some small children.

I still hope to get out in the bush and see some wild kangaroos. I'm having fun here in Australia, so I've extended my stay until the end of March.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: