Saturday, February 12, 2011

HCM vs. KFC

There are no US fast food chains in Vietnam. No Starbucks. No Burger King. No McDonalds, even. There's only one exception: Kentucky Fried Chicken. For the past month, I've been racking my brain, trying to figure out why the Vietnamese would make an exception for the Colonel. And then it hit me. Look:

Ho Chi Minh Colonel Sanders



Freaky, ain't it? Like they're separated at birth, or something. So I checked up on it. They were both born in 1890! I think that fairly proves it, right?

2 comments:

Watchdog Watchdog said...

Weirdly, the day after you said this, I saw Robin Williams make exactly the same comment in Good Morning Vietnam.

He clearly stole your idea. I wouldn't take that lying down, Eric.

Unknown said...

You gotta be careful what you say around Robin. He takes all my best stuff.

<grumble>