Monday, March 21, 2011

Hanoi: Last Days

The day after tomorrow, I leave Hanoi. It's too early yet for reflection, so I'll spare you the verbiage and post some pictures, instead. Yay, pictures!

This is Hồ Tây (West Lake):



This guy was stringing a fishing net in Hồ Trúc Bạch.



On many of Hanoi's lakes you can rent swan boats, and on nice days the lakes are dotted with them. It's very popular with young couples. The one below has seen better days, though. I really like these cast off, dilapidated reminders of everyday life. I'm drawn to them far more than to "beautiful" things.



When I was a kid, I thought trees should be straight and symmetrical. Now, the more gnarled the better.



OK, not a great picture, but it cracks me up. Someone clearly wants to be helpful with this sign, but they didn't quite make it.



So, where to now? Any way is as good as another. It's the journey, not the destination.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: