Thursday, March 12, 2009

Much Ado About Housing

For months I had been making slow, steady progress toward my nomadic departure, but now things are coming together quickly. Very, very quickly.

In an earlier post, I discussed a few different options for Being Free: sell my stuff; buy a condo and do house swaps; put my stuff in storage; or sublet my current apartment. A friend of mine jumped on the opportunity to sublet my apartment. Earlier this week, she found the most charming roommate anyone could hope for through craigslist. And the latest development: with the help of another friend, I now have a sublet lined up in my first destination: San Francisco.

Over the past few days, this enterprise has gone from hell-if-I-know to zOMG-I-leave-in-2-weeks. Life moves pretty fast.

More to come...

No comments: