Thursday, March 26, 2009

On The Road

"The only people that interest me are the mad ones, the ones that are mad to live, mad to talk, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing ... but burn, burn, burn like roman candles across the night."

-- Jack Kerouac
Today I bought my Amtrak ticket to San Francisco. On April 1, I board the train with one carry-on bag and leave my comfortable Seattle life behind. Ahead of me, there is a little room in San Francisco, some friends and a lot of I-don't-know. That's pretty cool.

But to be perfectly honest, I'm sadder than I thought I'd be at this point. I have a clearer sense of what I'm losing than what I'll gain. I can already tell that I'm going to get tired of saying goodbye to good people pretty darn fast. But I know I'll be back someday, and all the really good folks will stay in touch and (hopefully!) come visit me.

So, folks, it's my last weekend in Seattle! Let's have some kicks. :-)

No comments: