Thursday, April 2, 2009

Made It

I have to make this quick, but ... I HAVE ARRIVED. My train left cold, rainy, gray Seattle at 10am yesterday, and I pulled into sunny, warm(-ish) Emeryville roughly 24 hours later. I took the bus over the Bay Bridge into San Francisco, the J Church muni to Noe Valley to meet up with my old college buddy M, breakfast at Chloe's Cafe (outside! in the sun! in a T-shirt, thankyouverymuch!), and then off to Hayes Valley to meet B, my new roommate, and check out my new digs. The Ritz it ain't, but it'll do. Now to log some billable hours, explore my new 'hood, and then meet up again with M and S, an old Seattle friend, before turning in.

Walking around San Francisco with my worldly belongings on my back, I've never felt so free. Tired. Happy. Whee!

No comments: