Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fun and Sun


As you can see, I'm adjusting to my new life here in San Francisco. The weather is cooperating. It's hard to miss Seattle when I can goof around in Golden Gate Park like that. W00t!

Lessee ... I had a good cuppa at Blue Bottle Coffee, bread dumplings like my Oma used to make at Suppenkuche, and French pastries at Cafe Tartine. Yum. (Thanks, M and S!) I happened across a parade in honor of César Chávez. It was a mixed bag featuring Native American dance and pimped out low riders. Mmm-kay. There was a free concert in GG Park today, too. IIRC, the last time I was in SF I kept tripping over random events and festivities. I love it.

I'm also learning my way around the inter-Webs to connect with other like-minded travellers and telecommuters. Check this out! It's a weekly San Francisco meet-up of telecommuting CouchSurfers. Every week, they pick a different cafe, show up, plug in, and get some work done. Then they go out for dinner. Fabulous. Hopefully, I can grow my network of traveling friends and have people to visit in far off places.

No comments: