Sunday, September 6, 2009

Greetings From Arthur Ashe Stadium

My father scored tickets to the US Open, so yesterday we funneled into Arthur Ashe Stadium along with about 30,000 other tennis fanatics from around the world.

Not everyone loves tennis so I won't bore, but we really did see some great matches in Center Court: Roger Federer vs. Leyton Hewitt, Melanie Oudin vs. Maria Sharapova, and Andy Roddick vs. John Isner. The Oudin/Sharapova match alone was worth the price of admission. Watching the 17 year old American beat back from a 1 set deficit to win was just too much!

 
I seem to recall Arthur Ashe wearing more than this.

 
We were in the nose bleed section. Getting even this mediocre shot of Maria Sharapova's serve was a challenge.

 
The late afternoon sun does a peek-a-boo act with the Goodyear blimp.

 
My father and I are happy and tired from a hard day of spectating.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: