Friday, September 4, 2009

Running Around Town, Part 3

This is the little corner of the world I grew up in. Armed with a camera and a pair of running shoes, I set out to see it through fresh eyes. And what do you know? Long Island is more beautiful than I remember.

This is part of Tappen Beach. If I could post smells to the blog, I'd post a smell of a salty bay at low tide, with some stale seaweed and the distinctive odor of mussels baking in the late afternoon sun. It smells like my childhood.
 

Kayak rentals at Tappen Beach.
 

The waterfront along Hempstead Harbor. Not that bad.
 

This guy looked like I felt at this point in my run.
 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gail at Large said...

Where are parts 1 and 2? Am I missing something?

Unknown said...

They were in San Francisco! See June. These posts are in running installments, har har.

Andrew said...

Brave is the man who confronts the place in which he was raised.