Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hanoi in Pictures

Today, I hitched a ride on the back of a scooter to the city center -- the Old Quarter around Hoan Kiem Lake -- and took my camera. The lake was lovely, as was the Ngoc Son Temple in the middle and the lake-side cafe where I drank Vietnamese coffee and read my book, but like usual I found the people and the street life more interesting.



I had no idea Vietnam was so big!



Old women. Rice paddy hats. Overloaded bicycles. Asian kitsch. (How much is the doggy in the ... mat? ... blanket? ... tatami? WTF?)



Snails, anyone? Eeew.



Get. In. My. Belly.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gail at Large said...

No visit to Southeast Asia is complete without riding a "chicken bus"!

Unknown said...

Then I'm ok with an incomplete visit to SE Asia. :-)