Friday, January 7, 2011

Travel Immunizations

It's been a long time since my last update. Mostly that's because I haven't had anything exciting to report. Just bouncing around the US: New York, Fire Island, Seattle, New York, Baltimore, Charlotte, Charlottesville, New York, Syracuse, New York ... boring domestic travel. <yawn>

That's all about to change. In 3 days I board a plane bound for Hanoi, Vietnam! This will, without a doubt, be the most adventurous of my travels to date. It's taken a bit more research, and I'm that much closer to being the savvy global traveler of my dreams.

Stay Healthy!

I've often read on travel websites about the infamous "yellow card" that travelers pack along with their passport. It lists which immunizations you've received and when. You get stamps, just like with a passport. Some countries won't let you in without the right stamps in your yellow card. But I didn't have one.




So I got myself to the Seattle Public Health Travel Clinic. I told them my itinerary, and they told me everything that could kill or maim me in each of those places. A lot, it turns out. They printed it all out for me. They also shot me full serum. Both arms. Hurt like heck. But now I'm just that much fitter to travel.

I'm not quite ready yet, but I can at least cross that one off my list.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: