Saturday, June 20, 2009

Running Around Town, Part 1

IMO, there's no better way to get to know a town than to strap on a pair of running shoes and go. This is the first of two posts in which I did just that. I brought a camera along, too.

The first run was in the general direction of Sutro Tower, near the top of Twin Peaks. It's the gigantic TV antenna that dominates San Francisco's skyline. I had to investigate.

It's easy to get there. Just keep going up.

 
Twin Peaks, that-a-way.

 
Sutro Tower from the top of Twin Peaks

 
A view from the top of Twin Peaks, looking downtown.

 
A view from the top of Twin Peaks, looking South.

For me, it's a 25 minute uphill slog from Noe Valley to the top of Twin Peaks. I took a buncha snaps from the top. Does anybody know how to stitch them into one of those cool 360 degree views? That'd be rad.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: