Sunday, October 18, 2009

Amazing Maize Maze

One nice thing about staying in the US Southeast: many of my old college buddies are in the area. Friday night, my friend Rob drove down from Charlottesville, VA to meet up with me and Doug for a mini college reunion.

 
Today, Rob, Doug, Doug's girl Hannah and I survived the Amazing Maize Maze at Rural Hill. We warmed up after with hot spiced cider and hot chocolate. Yum!

 
If this shoe looks like it has been chewed on by a dog, that's because it has. After getting back from the maze, I thoughtlessly left my muddy Doc Martin's out back, much to the delight of Doug's dog Coco. There's a lesson in here for couchsurfers and friendsurfers everywhere: keep a keen eye on anything that might look like a chew toy to your host's pet. Guess it's time for some new shoes!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gail at Large said...

I think the travelling universe is telling you to get of the Docs.

Gail at Large said...

Oops, I meant 'get rid of the Docs'. (I blame the long day...)

Unknown said...

I like Docs, but I'm willing to entertain other options. What shoes should a digital nomad own? I can't go without a pair of running shoes. What else?

Gail at Large said...

Aren't you searching for pointy boots?

Unknown said...

In a metaphysical sense, yes.